If you think salads are boring, then check out this mouthwatering French salad that packs amazing flavor and texture that makes you wish the lunch hour could arrive sooner.
- • 4 x 175g/oz tuna steaks, 2.5cm/1 in thick
- • Eight cooked potatoes, sliced into quarters
- • Four roughly chopped, red tomatoes
- • One 15g/4oz drained, topped and cooked French beans
- • Four small gem lettuce hearts, cut into quarters
- • One finely sliced red onion
- • Four eggs boiled in water for 6 minutes. Halved.
- • Six anchovy fillets sliced into thin strips
- • 16 black olives, pitted in brine
- • 8 ripped basil leaves
- • Extra virgin oil, 105ml/7tbsp
- • Aged red wine vinegar 3 tbsp
- • Freshly chopped parsley, 2 tbsp
- • Freshly snipped chives, 2 tbsp
- • Peeled and finely chopped garlic, two cloves
- • Salt, 1 tbsp
- • Black pepper, ground, one tsp
1. Mix red wine vinegar, parsley, olive oil, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper, to dress and marinade.
2. On a shallow dish, place the tuna and spread over half of the dressing. Chill for 2 hours to let fish marinate. Add marmalade periodically.
3. Place a griddled pan on a hot flame for 5 minutes. Place the marinated tuna on the pan and cook for on each side, until it turns brown.
4. Place the lettuce leaves on a large plate and add the onions, potatoes, tomatoes, tuna, anchovies and beans. Sprinkle over the remaining dressing and add eggs, ripped basil leaves and eggs.