There are many fruits that curb appetite, strengthen the immune system and speed up metabolism, eating one, such as the proverbial apple a day, may just be what you need to keep your weight in check, but using several inc combination packs a real punch when it comes to staying in shape.
Creamy apple cinnamon smoothie: Preparation time: 2 minutes
- One half ripe banana, frozen
- 2 tablespoons of old fashioned oats
- Half medium apple, chopped
- One cup unsweetened almond milk
- A quarter teaspoon cinnamon
- Three ice cubes
Note: You can jazz things up by adding a scoop of protein powder or a bit of coffee to this recipe.
What to do:
1. Combine the apple, banana, oats, almond milk, cinnamon and honey together in your blender. Turn on to high and blitz until everything is smooth and creamy.
2. Top the smoothies with chopped apple slices or granola and enjoy!
Nutrition facts about the creamy apple cinnamon smoothie (per serving): 264 calories, 37g carbs, 12g fat, 17g sugar, 6g protein and 7g fiber