With ingredients that fill you up and suppress your appetite, this liquid dish can allow you eat less and therefore cut down those fatty and sugary foods that increase your weight. The flavorful & satisfying soup has low fat, carb and calorie content which is one of the qualities of weight loss foods.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 650g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small (about 250g) sebago (brushed) potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 625ml (2 1/2 cups) vegetable stock
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) water
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra light thickened cream
- Extra light thickened cream, extra, to serve
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to season
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- 2. Stir in the onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes recommended.
- 3. Add the potatoes & water and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 4. Stir in the cauliflower & vegetable, reduce heat, cover the saucepan and simmer until all the vegetables are tender, 10-20 minutes recommended.
- 5. Remove from heat, add some cream and puree in batches using blender or any other suitable appliance.
- 6. Return to the reduced heat and stir in the pepper & salt and heat through.
- 7. Remove from the heat and serve with the extra cream.