Mac and cheese ball is a great way to enjoy this much loved combination. But to enjoy eating more the preparation should not be too difficult. Below is a simple recipe that will help you prepare the best mac and cheese balls. These will soon become your family’s favorite and preferred meal. This recipe prepares 8 servings and will take 40 minutes in preparation and 30 minutes in cooking time.
1. Put salted water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni and stir occasionally until it is cooked but firm to the bite. This will take about 7 minutes. Drain the water off.
2. Add the butter, ¼ cup milk and cheese packet from the package and stir.
3. Add the Italian cheese blend, cheddar cheese and pimento cheese spread to the mixture while still hot. Stir until all the cheese melts.
4. Place the mixture in a container and put it in the fridge. Leave for about 4 hours.
5. Use a parchment paper to line the baking sheet. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the macaroni mixture into balls. Place these balls on the baking sheet and put in the freezer for 2 hours.
6. In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
7. In a shallow dish, whisk chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne and sugar and set the mixture aside. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with 3 tablespoonfuls of milk.
8. Take the mac balls and coat in the egg wash. Dredge in breading.
9. Fry the balls in the hot oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Drain excess oil on paper-towel and serve hot.